About Your Stay
Here is an explanation of the organisational process concerning your stay in the clinic:
Organisational support beforehand
After you have accepted our offer and made the payments, we'll send you a confirmation of your appointment with our specialists and an invitation for your visa. We look forward to assisting you with organising:
- Security services
- Support with booking hotels for companions
- Support with organising tourist, shopping and cultural activities etc.
- Support with booking a rental car
- Support with booking multiple flights
If you need a visa for your trip to Germany, we will be able to help you with the formalities. In order to put together a letter of invitation, we will need the following information from you:
- Your first name(s) and surname, written correctly (i.e. as written in your passport / ID card)
- Your ID card number
- First name(s) and surname(s) of any companions
- ID card number(s) of any companions
You can also send us a copy of your passport if you prefer.
Checklist for admission
Our patients' well-being is our top priority. Our patients are treated in accordance with the same high quality standards in all Vivantes clinics, which are based around the latest medical and care-related knowledge.
Humanity is just as important as medical and care quality. For that reason, we want to make your stay here as comfortable as possible.
Therefore, we ask you to bring the following with you for your admission:
- Passport or ID card
- Relevant medical information such as doctors' letters, previous medical results, x-ray / CT / MRI results etc.
- All medications that you take regularly
- Your medication plan, if applicable
- Your allergy passport / pacemaker card or Marcumar card, if applicable
- Confirmation from your bank of the paid deposit in the sum of the estimation of costs
If required, you may need to stop taking blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Marcumar) 5-7 days before your planned admission date, and replace these with other medications or sprays. Certain blood sugar tablets must also be paused two days before admission. Please discuss this with your GP or the doctor in charge of your treatment.
As soon as you arrive at one of our 9 hospitals, the first step is administrative admission by a patient supporter worker who speaks your native language. If you have not yet paid your deposit, you can pay at this point by card or credit card.
You'll then get to know our experts in person! If you are an outpatient, you will receive the following treatment:
- Check-up or
- Outpatient treatment
If you are an inpatient, our care staff will initially take you to the ward reception. There will then be:
- An initial discussion with the doctor
- Discussion of the treatment plan
- Briefing about surgery, if applicable
- Carrying out diagnostic / therapeutic measures
If you have any special requests during your stay, or you want to make use of certain services, please tell us! We would be happy to organise:
- Massages, wellness and beauty treatments
- City visits
- A cultural programme for you or your companions
You can find further information at An Overview of International Services.
When your treatment has finished, you can expect the following:
- Concluding discussion with the presiding doctor
- Transfer of doctor's letter
- Aftercare recommendations if applicable
Organisational support afterwards
We will be happy to offer you the following services and support you with your journey home:
- Translating the doctor's letter or other medical documents into your native language
- Arranging aftercare examinations
- Transfers from the clinic to the airport / station